The course is based on Minecraft: Education Edition. It’s aimed at students who have mastered the basics of text-based programming in Python. Students strengthen their acquired skills (using variables, functions, loops, conditions) and develop text code on the Microsoft MakeCode platform. They create advanced geometrical structures using a constructor and affect the game by e.g. programming events relating to the protagonist’s behaviour and changing the scenery. They advance their knowledge of debugging, and apply conditional instructions and variables to optimise the code.
After course completion students are able to:
- Complete an original Minecraft world change project through text code
- Use calculations and the constructor and other tools to create complicated shapes (e.g. copies of real buildings)
- Use conditionals, variables, events, functions, loops
- Use object-based programming element in their project
- Debug and optimise their program